No Stamping, No Engraving - Only 100 Percent Solid Cast Charms!
First, we digitally lift the face from your favorite photograph and use it to create a 3-D bitmap image.
- For best results, we recommend a well focused image with even lighting and no harsh shadows.
- Damaged images or photos where the subject's face is obstructed cannot be used in our process.
- We prefer your image in digital format at 300dpi, or we can scan a traditional print.
- Traditional photos will be returned to you with your order.
- Take a moment to see all photo guidelines...
Second, we use a high-tech milling machine to carve the charm in wax.
- At this point the charm looks very much like the finished product.
- We do not keep the wax charm - it will be used during the next phase of the process, casting the charm in the precious metal of your choice.
Then, we take the three-dimensional wax model and use it to create a casting of your Unique Custom charm
- The wax charm gets embedded into a cast and heated overnight.
- During this process the wax burns out and leaves a hollow mold for your charm.
- We then cast the charm in your choice of yellow gold, white gold or sterling silver.
Finally, the charm gets finishing touches.
- Each charm is inspected for irregularities from the casting process.
- After a short tumble and brief sandblasting to increase the contrast, we perform a final polishing.
- The finished product is then packaged up and sent on its way to you.
- We stand behind our products with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.